KOBBE presents Bourbon & Benevolence: A Benefit Tasting
If you go:
What: Bourbon & Benevolence
Where: The Kentucky Derby Museum
When: Friday, December 14, 2018 from 6-10p.m.
Tickets: Early Bird 50.00 on Sale NOW thru Sunday, November 19 || $75.00 after || $100 at door (if not sold out)
Purchase At: https://bourbonandbenevolence.eventbrite.com
KOBBE, the local philanthropy-based bourbon enthusiasts club, announces an evening of good bourbon, good company and good deeds with the organization’s its biggest endeavor to date: Bourbon & Benevolence: A Benefit Tasting. The event, which will bring attendees face-to-face with some of the bourbon industry’s biggest brands will take place inside the newly opened second floor art room on December 14 at The Kentucky Derby Museum from 6-10p.m.
This event is designed to shake up the way tastings are typically presented. As opposed to the traditional tasting where a bartender simply pours a half ounce of the distillery’s finest bourbon for an attendee who grabs a drink and skips along to the next table, Bourbon & Benevolence will foster an environment where there’s an opportunity for more a conversation between brand ambassadors and attendees.
“Think of it as speed dating meets a speakeasy, or bourbon class meets barbershop talk,” says Jamar Mack, president and founder of KOBBE. “We will have several lounge-style areas that will allow guest to actually sit and have conversations with brand reps. We’re excited that we’re bringing distilleries under one roof in such an accessible way. We’re creating a completely new experience for our guests.”
Participating Distilleries Include:
- Bulleit Bourbon Distillery
- Heaven Hill Distillery
- Michter’s Distillery
- Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey
- Rabbit Hole Distillery
- Smooth Ambler Distillery
- Kentucky Peerless Distillery
- Rivulet Pecan Liqueur
- Limestone Branch Distillery
- Copper and Kings American Brandy Company
- Lux Row Distillers
- Old502 Winery
Attendees will enjoy live Soul, Funk, and Dance Disco music followed by a DJ finishing the night, dance performances, a Smores Bar, and a silent auction. Items up for bid will include highly sought after, coveted bourbons, gift cards, services and more. Guests are encouraged to bring and donate art supplies that will benefit a weekend visual arts program in development with the Chestnut Street Family YMCA.
- Held in the new wing of The Kentucky Derby Museum’s 2nd Floor Expansion space, the space will feature a luxe lounge set up.
- Smores Bar hosted by Louisville Cream with homemade graham crackers, fresh toasted marshmallows and chocolate from Art Eatables.
- J Shepherd Cigars will be on hand presenting a collection of cigars carefully curated for the occasion
- Several coveted bottles of bourbon from the collections of KOBBE members
Join us! And remember to please consume responsibly.